The Haven Knox-Johnston crew are delighted to announce their new series of ‘From the Helm’ webinars, designed to keep all the grounded mariners company throughout the long winter months and beyond.
From the comfort of the main saloon, you can tune in to expert advice about the latest maritime matters or embark on extraordinary boating adventures, all while discovering the practical steps to make these dreams a seaworthy reality. First on the viewing agenda is: “Navigating the switch to lithium batteries onboard your boat”. This flagship webinar will be held on 23 November at 7.30pm.
The webinar is for all boaters considering making the switch to lithium batteries but who find themselves anchored down by concerns about costly installations, lifeless batteries, or even worse, a blaze aboard their vessel. They can join a seasoned crew of industry experts for an informative webinar to discuss the risks, rewards and installation factors of lithium batteries.
During this webinar, participants will:
- Explore the benefits of switching to lithium batteries
- Gain insights into the cost implications associated with installing lithium batteries on your vessel
- Examine the potential risks of having lithium batteries onboard
- Learn effective strategies for managing lithium-ion batteries onboard your vessel.
- And, have all your burning questions answered by our expert panel.
The crew of maritime experts includes:
1) Paul Bailey, Technical Director at Marine Energy Systems
2) Renowned marine surveyor, Ben Sutcliffe-Davies
3) Leading fire expert, Dr Peter Mansi
The expert panel will address all the latest developments, offer balanced perspectives and deliver straightforward advice that will hopefully stop any boaters feeling lost at sea.
Paul Knox-Johnston, Sales & Marketing Manager at Haven Knox-Johnson, commented: “When we moor up our boats for the winter, we can often feel adrift, but our “From the Helm” webinar series is designed to help connect the boating community and discuss the topics that we really care about.
“Lithium batteries have become a real ocean-worthy subject of late, and with the sea of conflicting opinions out there, it can be hard to make an informed decision. In this webinar, we’ve assembled a crew of industry experts to debate this topical issue and help our audience navigate fact from fiction.”
To secure a berth on the “Navigating the switch to lithium batteries onboard your boat” webinar, simply click on the following link to register: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/2016986664522/WN_IhC2VDlKTcmTEFGXt9Ulkw