Garmin has announced the GPSMAP® 16×3 chartplotters— the newest addition to its popular GPSMAP x3 series that combines the same easy-to-use features, including built-in Garmin Navionics+™ mapping and sonar support, with a stunning high-resolution full HD 16-inch touchscreen display.
For superior clarity and sunlight readability, the GPSMAP 16×3’s in-plane switching (IPS) display provides consistent, accurate colours that can be seen from all viewing angles, even with polarised sunglasses.
“The GPSMAP x3 series is known for providing anglers and boaters with a fast, sharp and smart chartplotter experience that integrates seamlessly into their Garmin marine system. We’re excited to add a 16-inch display to the series, further expanding our options to fit an even wider range of dash configurations, both new and retrofit.” – Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales
What mariners will love about the GPSMAP x3 series:
- Simple navigation: More confidently navigate coastal and inland waters with Garmin Navionics+ mapping with Auto Guidance+ technology1 that includes a one-year subscription with daily updates. Users can also add Garmin Navionics Vision+™ for premium features like high-resolution relief shading and more.
- Sleek design: Designed for a wide range of dash configurations, the GPSMAP x3 series offers slimline design borders with edge-to-edge glass displays.
- Impressive processing power: Experience fast and responsive high-speed processing power that benefits all onboard sensors like sonar and radar while enhancing the user experience across the entire network.
- Built-in sonar: The sonar combo versions (GPSMAP xsv series) offer built-in support for Ultra High-Definition ClearVü™ and SideVü™ scanning sonar with high-contrast vivid colour palettes which help distinguish fish from structure, along with CHIRP traditional sonar.
- LiveScope capable: To help anglers see all around their boat in real time, this chartplotter series supports the full lineup of Garmin Panoptix™ sonar, including the award-winning LiveScope™ live-scanning sonar (transducer required; sold separately).
- Force® integration: When integrated with a Garmin Force trolling motor, anglers can create routes, patterns and tracks for the trolling motor to follow while they fish. From the chartplotter screen, they can also control speed, check battery life and more.
- Seamless connectivity: Easily build an onboard marine system with compatible sonar, autopilot, radars, instruments, cameras and more by using NMEA® 2000 and the Garmin Marine Network. Built-in Wi-Fi® enables reliable software updates, smart notifications and more via the free ActiveCaptain® app with a compatible smartphone or table.
Expected to be available in March, the GPSMAP 16×3 series has suggested retail pricing that starts at £4,739.99, while the GPSMAP 16x3xsv series starts at £4,899.99.
1 Auto Guidance+ is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.