After Auckland’s lockdown, which interrupted the next planned races in the PRADA Cup Final, a decision has now been taken to resume racing on 20 February. Race 5 will see Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli facing INEOS TEAM UK. The race will start from 4:00PM local time weather permitting.
Race 5 and 6 will be held on Saturday and two races a day will follow until one competitor gets to 7 points wining the PRADA Cup.
Implementation of the Level 2 Alert management plan provided for by the AC36 Event COVID-19 Management On Land and On Water Plans means the suspension of the following activities:
• Main stage – Te Wero Island
• Guests hospitality facilities on shore
• Guests hospitality at sea
• Pre-race public shows
• Giveaways and gifts distribution
As Auckland is at COVID19 Alert Level 2 the following restrictions apply:
• Racecourses B & C will not be used for racing, to mitigate the chance of large public gatherings on shore, which are in line with Government Level 2 restrictions.
• No public viewing opportunities such as dock out shows or public screening of racing in the race village.
• Including gatherings of no more than 100 people in the America’s Cup Race Village or public spectator vantage points around Auckland.
• Limited village activations to ensure no more than 100 people.
• 2 metre physical distancing, and face masks recommended.
• All bars, restaurants and cafes surrounding the Race Village can remain open in line with Ministry of Health COVID19 Level 2 Guidelines.
• Public are reminded to always scan the NZCOVID19 Tracer App.