boatfolk, has reopened the Sealift3 boat lift as well as the redeveloped boatyard as part of its in-house boatcare offering at Haslar Marina, Portsmouth Harbour.
After a successful first year’s operating the flagship Sealift3, boatfolk have completely refurbished the infrastructure, meaning it can provide the same outstanding service its customers have come to expect.
The Sealift3 can lift and clean a boat in under two hours. In 12 to 24 hours, a boat can be cleaned, antifouled and relaunched, depending on the drying times. While lifted, the expert boatcare team can also change anodes, grease seacocks and acid wash propellors.
boatfolk have also undertaken a full redevelopment of the Haslar Marina yard, complete with a new concrete slipway. This full-service site ran by first-class boatcare professionals offers a full range of services for powerboats up to 37ft. Both the Sealift3 and yard opened for bookings in February.
boatcare takes the upkeep related stress out of boat ownership. The professional boatyard team provides a range of repair, maintenance and marine engineering services, including:
- Hull – antifouling, epoxy treatment, topsides polish, topsides respray, replacement seacocks and GRP repairs.
- Epoxy – a full range of services with a dedicated team specialising in CopperCoat.
- Propulsion – inboard and outboard engine servicing, engine installation, bow thruster installation, propellers and stern gear.
- Deck – replacement windows and hatches, winch and windlass service and installation, rigging, handrails and pulpits, stainless work, anchor systems, covers and sails.
- Interior – electronics, navigational & electrical systems, fresh & raw water systems, interior woodwork, and interior furnishings.
There are now five boatcare operating facilities throughout the UK, including Deacons, Conwy, Portishead and Portland Marinas, with access to fully equipped boatyards, hard standing and lifting equipment. boatfolk berth holders also benefit from a 10 per cent discount across a range of services offered.
The redevelopment of Haslar Marina came about in response to changing customer demand in the marina. A shift in boating habits towards larger sailing boats and a greater number of powerboats meant that a full-service marina was in high demand.
Ben Lippiett, Haslar Marina Manager, said: “The reopening of the Sealift3 and service yard as part of the boatcare offering makes Haslar a one-stop shop for all boat repair and maintenance tasks. It will help make boating across the Solent stress-free, as the onshore hassle is left to a team of experts. The investment in both infrastructure and skills means customers will receive the best level of support and expertise, whether it’s a small task or a full refit.”